Saturday, April 06, 2013

Romans 14:7-8

This past week has been a crazy one. And I constantly had my words running through my mind, words that I penned along time ago. It's funny, it's been so long that the words were kind of foreign, like I was just humming an old song from my childhood.
The balm for brokenness lies in Your grace
Rest for the weary in seeking Your face
Though the path gets lonely, You are with me
As I stand through the night
And though the earth gives way, I sing... 
Whether I live or die
Whether I fall or rise
Or if I am, lost in this heart of mine
Whether in peace or storm
Or standing in suffering's court
Let it be known, that I belong to You
Here's the song

It's been life to me today that these lyrics that were inspired by Romans 14 have been running through my head and they are also in this morning's Moravian text. Sometimes you write the song, and sometimes the song writes you. Maybe it was the Lord who gave me that one, because it still breathes life into me.

It's my prayer today. An anthem of my heart. It would be merely simple devotion, if years of holding to it haven't gone by. Now I have the scars :) Now I have calloused feet. My voice is tired when I sing it...but I still sing it with tears. I still mean it 12 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comment, after it is moderated you'll see it published. I moderate comments because the internet is a wacky place...Thanks!